BuzzFeed, Podcast Producer, Washington D.C. (October 2020-Present)
- Support the production of the daily News O’Clock and BuzzFeed Daily podcasts, including pitching stories to cover, booking guests, working with hosts to script each segment of the show, tracking down soundbites and clips, and editing episodes in Pro Tools.
WAMU 88.5, Associate Podcast Producer, Washington D.C. (October 2019-April 2020)
- Supported the production of multiple narrative audio series and special projects, including field recording and production, logging tape, running studio sessions, fact-checking, and editing episodes in Audition.
NBC Sports Washington, Freelance Digital Producer, Washington D.C. (March 2019-February 2020)
- Pitched and wrote stories about the Washington sports.
- Assisted the digital team by managing social media and content placement.
Russian Machine Never Breaks, News Desk Contributor, Washington D.C. (August 2018-February 2020)
- Pitched and wrote stories about the Washington Capitals and the NHL.
- Promoted articles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Washington Post, Sports Aide and High School Sports Reporter, Washington D.C. (May 2018-March 2019)
- Utilized Methode to build the baseball and scoreboard pages for the paper’s print edition.
- Verified high school sports scores from local coaches.
- Answered reader questions about sports via email and phone.
- Reported on field hockey, tennis, golf, ice hockey, gymnastics and track beats including game stories and features.
Capital News Service, University of Maryland, Multiplatform Beat Reporter, Washington D.C. (January 2018- May 2018)
- Pitched, wrote and produced stories about the intersection of sports and Washington, DC and Maryland in print, video and podcast form.
- Co-founded, co-hosted and co-produced the Washington Bullpen podcast.
ESPN, Production Intern with “Around the Horn”, Washington D.C. (September 2016-December 2016)
- Restored, clipped, and edited videos used during Around the Horn.
- Researched, fact-checked, and pitched sports stories.
MedTech Boston, Editorial Intern and Podcast Producer, Washington D.C. (August 2016-August 2017)
- Drafted, edited, and published articles about cutting-edge medical technology.
- Initiated, hosted and produced the MedTech Boston podcast.
Slate Magazine, “Hang Up and Listen” Podcast Intern, Washington, D.C. (January 2016-June 2016)
- Researched, fact-checked, and pitched sports stories and news items.
- Drafted, edited, and published show notes on Slate’s website showing headlines, hyperlinks to researched articles, and Twitter and Facebook links to the podcast.
Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
M.J. in Multi-Platform Journalism (May 2018)
Merrill Graduate Student Association Masters Co-President (October 2017- May 2018)
Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA
B.A. with honors in Psycholinguistics (self-designed major), Minor in English (May 2015)
Honors Thesis: Cancer by Another Name: The Quest for a Better Linguistic Taxonomy
- Digital Audio Workstations: Adobe Audition, Avid Pro Tools, REAPER
- Video Editing Software: Adobe Premiere, Adobe Rush
- Social Media Platforms: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram
- MySQL Workbench Data Analysis Software
- DSLR and Broadcast Camera Operation